Monday, March 22, 2010

I'll start Monday....

"I'll start Monday"...ahhh, the famous words of any dieter around the world, or maybe any procrastinator around the world. And much to my dismay, I am both. If I had a pound (even a 1/4 of a pound) for every Monday that I was going to start a new diet, eat healthy, get to the gym on a regular basis, avoid carbs, quit drinking soda, do something meaningful for myself once a week, avoid fast food, or any other resolution or promise I have made to myself while laying in bed on a Sunday night, knowing deep down inside the alarm that I set 2 hours early so I can "hit the gym before work" will soon be broken down into 12 slams of the snooze button until I really HAVE to get up for work, I would clearly be swimsuit model size.

Why is it Monday? The start of the work week? The calendar week really starts on Sunday. Shouldn't we all start our "new diets" on Sunday then? My husband once told me that he heard on the radio one morning on his way to work that a study was done and it concluded that the best day to start a successful diet is on a Tuesday. Best breaking news I ever heard. This is the perfect excuse. Now, every time I blow my Monday diet (usually by about 11:30am) I think that's ok, "every successful diet is started on a Tuesday"...i'm gonna eat whatever the hell i want today and START TOMORROW!!!

I am the queen of procrastination. Maybe I procrastinate in this dieting department because I always fail at weight loss and I don't take failure very well. I have been fairly successful in my life as a 30-something. Decent job, decent house, decent car, decent husband, amazing kid, decent vacations every couple years or so, decent health (besides being obese...morbidy according to the experts), decent hair. So, I don't do the failure thing very well. I am far from perfect, don't get me wrong! (Would I be blogging from the depths of the rolls of my abdomen if i were perfect?) But what i am saying is, if I don't try, then I don't fail. If I don't start, then I never have to worry about not finishing. Do you already see the pattern in my blog? Entries are getting farther apart...excuses, excuses. I don't have time to write, can't think of anything to write, not going to make my goal this month and it's only the first damn month! blah, blah, blah. I invited a good friend of mine to follow my blog and she never really said anything about it. So i asked her the other day if she actually read it and her reply was "Yes, but now I am looking for some results!" WHAT??? WHAT??? Oh yeah, that's right, i did have a purpse besides venting my overweight emotions for anyone to read. She reminded my that I did set out with a goal. And this month is coming to an end and i have little to show for it, or maybe I should say I still have a lot to show for it. SHOOT!!! Where does the time go?? And did I mention it is my birthday week? Yes, that's what I said, my birthday week. Cuz these days it is no longer a birthday, it's a week long celebration where you don't have to count calories, make good choices, or step on a scale. You know how it goes...lunch with the girls for your birthday, dinner with the husband for your birthday, dinner at your parents for your birthday, your favorite cake for your birthday, treats to work for your birthday, and extra drink or two for your birthday, free dessert at the restaurant for your birthday....it's a week long celebration clearly--even this fat girl couldn't get all that done in one night!! So, since my birthday week is nearing the end, I have to get down to business. March is ending and I think I lost nearly 4 pounds. So, that's 6 pounds in about one week left to go.

I'm not even sure how I am going to achieve this goal, I have tried every diet ever known to man-kind or found on a late night infommercial. So, I guess I am going to start praying and drinking a lot of water!! Wish me luck!! More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment